Friday, January 05, 2007

 

A belated "happy new year!" to all...

...although 2007 hasn't been too promising so far. I've just had one of my worst weeks ever what with being sniffly and bunged-up and worky-stressy and being winded and rained on and whatnot. Plus I had to come back to work the day after Boxing Day, as I said before; and as soon as I'm back from skiing, a week from now, I'll have yet another load of work to get going on, marked "urgent". Gah!

Still, New Years' Eve itself was fantastic. Last year it all went a bit pear-shaped and I ended up paying silly money for a ticket to a mediocre, half-empty club in Cheltenham (don't ask), but this year a number of old friends (including me!) gathered at a friend's house in the Docklands where we spent a very pleasant evening eating and drinking and catching up with each other's lives. And when we all came to, the first morning of 2007 was as bright, sunny and optimistic as the last evening of 2006 had been wet, windy and miserable. I walked back to Waterloo along the Thames feeling very content.

And early tomorrow morning (or late tonight, depending on how you see it), I'm off to the Alps with Al and various others, to lose my winter sports virginity. The stress of this week was almost making me wish I didn't have to bother so soon, but now I'm starting to look forward to it. I just hope I remember everything I need!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?