Monday, November 22, 2004

 

Angry, angry face.

This is an angry post. Recently I've felt myself getting angry (or, more accurately I suppose, frustrated) far more often and at really little things, which anyone who knows me would (hopefully) agree is not like me at all. I've known for some time that I'm getting angrier socio-politically, basically as a result of reading more and finding out how just unfair the world is and how irrational, ignorant and hypocritical many of it's leaders (and assorted powerful people) are. But over the weekend I got in over-large sulks at stuff like my girlfriend & I not going to the pub because she wasn't feeling well, my housemates hogging the bathroom and watching random telly when I came back from the quiz so preventing me from watching MOTD2, and my bus being late and being full of annoying kids this morning. These are silly, pointless things to be angry about. This worries me.

And it's a shame, too, because the highlight of my weekend was a lovely romantic dinner out to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We went to a place called Wild Orchid (just off London Road, if anyone's interested), which was really quite posh but in the best possible way. Tasteful decor, nice and spread out, helpful and un-snooty staff, and mmm-mmm, delicious food. My starter was a wild mushroom salad... I'd never realised there were so many types of mushroom and with such different flavours. All in all, it was a really lovely evening :)

And it's Rock night at the union tonight and then Razorlight tomorrow! Yay!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?