Tuesday, November 30, 2004

 

Cor!

Last night I went to Lennons to see some bands that are apparently described as "emo-core". As far as I'm aware, "emo" is short for "emotional hardcore"... so does that make last night's music "emotional hardcore-core"? What if there were an emo band of 4 siblings, 3 pretty girls and a bloke that no-one cares about, that added an Irish vibe to their sound? "Emo-Corr-core", anyone? Cor!

It was an interesting night, nevertheless. I love the word "nevertheless". It's just 3 random English words shoe-horned in together. A whole phrase, in fact. I think I shall start using the new word "ontheotherhand". Who's with me?!

Comments:
Hi Pugger.

Check out this website for an explanation of emo... it actually references Hoover. Bang. I think technicnally therefore I listen to post-emo indie rock. Whoop.

http://www.fourfa.com/index.html
 
Woo! Thanks for that, Bob. 'Tis an interesting site, though I'm not sure that attempting to cut musical genres into ever thinner slices is that productive... also, just in case you were wondering, I was just kinda following my thoughts on sticking "core" on the end of stuff rather than taking the piss out the music. But I'm sure you knew that :)

PS I would have left this as a comment on your blog, but Blogger is being shit and won't let me log into it :(
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?