Tuesday, December 07, 2004

 

Return of the blog

I've been reeeeeally quite busy over the past week. It's karma, I guess: over the previous 2 weeks I had hardly anything to do since my boss was away and other bits of work depended on people replying to emailed queries, which they were annoyingly reluctant to do.

I've been working with an Indian lady who is only in the country for 2 weeks and wants to get a paper completed by the time she leaves. I was rather apprehensive, as I'd been told beforehand that she was very traditional and hardworking, whereas I am an untidy slacker. But in fact she is very pleasant. One thing that is annoying, though, is that she uses quite an old version of the main computer package we use, and also favours copying results down on paper from the screen and then passing them on to a secretary to be typed up again. My first morning working with her consisted of her calling out numbers every 30secs or so, and me writing them down. I had become a scribe - it was very frustrating. Things have got better since, though, so never mind :)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?