Wednesday, January 05, 2005

 

Happy New Year everyone!

Welcome to my first post of 2005. I intended to post more over the holidays but somehow never quite got round to it. I think it felt too much like work... which is where I'm back at now, of course. Ah well.

Well, the holidays were fantastic. I got to see just about all my old friends (the ones still in the country, anyway), had some nice winter evenings sipping ales in warm pubs, and the family weren't too irritating either (bless 'em)! It was even a white Christmas in the Malverns:



Pretty much everyone is back in Southampton now - we had a good night in the Drummond on Monday, talking about politics, football, relationships, non-Euclidean geometry... you know, the usual... ;-)

If anyone I haven't mentioned this to is reading this: it's my birthday this Friday, and we're all going down the Hobbit for much drinking and frivolity. Join us. Especially if you don't know me. It would amuse me.

I've just finished reading "Last Tango in Aberystwyth" by Malcolm Pryce. Fantastic book; not sure about the ending though. I'll have to read the first one, and then possibly this one again...
Comments:
Heh. Trying to explain the ideas behind non-euclidean geometry after a few pints. Never a good thing.

Was good fun in the Drummond though. Roll on tomorrow.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?