Monday, January 10, 2005

 

My last day for a while...

First of all, a big thank-you to everyone who came out to the Hobbit on Friday. It was great to have so many of my friends in the same place. I'm very lucky to know you all :)
Saturday was good in the end, too - at about 9pm, I texted a few people to find out what was going on, and two people replied saying they were off to Jesters, with completely different groups of people. I couldn't really refuse! Much gin was consumed.
So, yeah... last day in the office (well, this office, anyway) for a while. Just a few small things to finish off, but not too rushed; which is good, as I'm less likely to forget anything foolish. Like my work laptop, for instance. Or my name (less likely, but you never know...).

I am currently reading "Mutants" by Armand Marie Leroi. It's a fascinating book, and is actually focussed much more on genetics and foetal development than just on the bizarre. There is also lots of historical and biographical information, kind of like a Bill Bryson book. His thesis is that by analysing mutations and deformities we can learn a lot about how our bodies should 'normally' function. His style is informal, frequently witty and generally very easy to read.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?