Monday, February 14, 2005

 

Knees Up, Mother Earth!

Well, that was possibly the dullest weekend ever. I did see "I, Robot", however, and enjoyed it; though I was amused to see that it was only 'suggested by' Isaac Asimov's book. Having not read it myself, can anyone tell me just how tenuous the adaptation is?

I was also amused to read about Brentford's march into the 5th round of the FA Cup - a 1-0 victory over Hartlepool in which the winner was scored by a bloke named Rankin! It's all opening up for them, it would seem - they play Saints in the next round...

(if you don't know what I'm on about, you'll need to read this ludicrous but enjoyable book.)
Comments:
Hehe... yeah, it was a bit of a marketing whore, and some of the CGI was pretty appalling... especially the scene where he's driving through the tunnel.

I'm intrigued by what you say about it going against his principles. The film isn't really about robots "going mental and trying to fight against humanity"... it's more subtle than that. When the central computer claims that her "logic is undeniable", it's hard to disagree.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?