Tuesday, February 15, 2005

 

Music Questionnaire!

This has already been through Bob, Mac and Al, and now comes to me. Here we go...

What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
2.25GB, apparently. But I’m not really much of a music-on-computers type of person. Most of that is from albums that I’ve copied from friends, along with random tracks of my own that I’ve ripped in order to make compilations. But then I don’t use my (home) computer all that much, since I’m not on t’internet or anything.

The last CD you bought is?
The Killers – Hot Fuss. The first track is fantastic, and overall it’s a pretty damn fine album. Not sure whether I’ll still be listening to it in a year’s time, but at the moment it’s on heavy rotation.

What is the song you last listened to before typing this?
Kate Bush – Hounds Of Love. You know when a certain artist keeps coming to your attention, without you really noticing? Well, Kate Bush was doing that to me recently, so I bought a Best Of. Even putting aside Hounds and the wonderful Wuthering Heights, there’s some good stuff on it. However, there’s also one or two songs that are just too weird (or just not very good, depending on your perspective), the nadir being something that sounds kinda like a distorted Sun Arise by Rolf Harris, with Kate wailing in a rubbish Australian accent. Interesting stuff, anyway!

Write down 5 songs that you listen to a lot or mean a lot to you?
As well as being not much of a music-on-computers type of person, I’m also not much of one for playing individual songs – I tend to listen to albums in their entirety. However, there are certain songs that I’ll look forward to in an album, or that keep popping up on the internal jukebox. Here are five off the top of me ‘ead:

Flaming Lips: "Ego Tripping At The Gates Of Hell". I love the Lips. Not only do they write great tunes, but you can get almost as much pleasure as listening to them from reading their lyrics: "I was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came; all the billion other moments were just slipping all away..."

Björk: "Joga". I’ve only seen the video for this once, but every time I hear the song now I can see it in my head. I want to go to Iceland. One day...

Idlewild: "Everyone Says You’re So Fragile". It was a close one between this and "When I Argue I See Shapes", but "...Fragile" pops into my head every time I check my blog (its title is a line from it, in case you didn’t know. But you should ;). Both are just simple, catchy, rockin’ tunes, and they’re great.

The Smiths: "Ask". This is just a perfect guitar-pop song. Good tune, evocative lyrics, subtle but effective guitar. Plus, there’s nothing better than a happy-sounding song with dark undertones.

Ben Folds Five: "One Angry Dwarf And 200 Solemn Faces". My 'angry' song. "Song For The Dumped" isn’t bad either, but it's too specific and not as good a tune. Raaargh! Bash those keys, Ben!

Who are you going to pass this baton to (3 people)? and why?
Hmm, this is probably running out of steam a bit... Tell you what, if anyone reading this hasn’t done it yet and fancies it, then take it away! Free for all!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?