Monday, March 07, 2005

 

Love is like a bottle of gin.

I have had a sad yet somewhat liberating weekend. I had a very hard and upsetting decision to make, but I made it with the support and advice of my excellent friends; and having made the decision, I went through with it immediately. It was one of the toughest things I've ever had to do, but I feel relieved, and I'm positive it was the right decision. I feel more confident now about life and relationships possibly than ever. Thanks guys!

Before this turns into a LiveJournal entry, I'll move on! Ben gave me 4 CDs packed with goodness last week. The title of this post comes from a Magnetic Fields song that he gave me. It starts:
It makes you blind, it does you in
It makes you think you're pretty tough
It makes you prone to crime and sin
It makes you say things off the cuff

and ends:
Love is like a bottle of gin
But a bottle of gin is not like love.

I like gin. I also like the Magnetic Fields. I've also decided I really like the Cure. I bought their Best-Of yesterday. I don't know why everyone calls them "Goth" (apart from Robert Smith's ridiculous appearance!). They're basically 80s synth-pop, but in a good way.

Shit! I try to avoid writing like a LiveJournal, then ruin it by quoting song lyrics. Damnit. Anyway, on a lighter note: both Jesters on Friday and the house crawl (for the uninitiated: like a pub crawl, only with houses) were great fun. I wish I had internet access at home; then I could post ridiculous post-club blogs like Lauren's... ;)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?