Thursday, March 03, 2005

 

Nearly Friday...

Gah! This has been a bad week for computer spazziness. Earlier in the week my internet was down all morning (which didn't strictly speaking affect my work, but made me resentful ;) ... but this morning the network drive containing the statistical software is kaput! Ah well...

Last weekend was fun. I felt like a break from So'ton, so escaped to Bristol to see James. Hi, James! Bristol (well, the Clifton area anyway) is a lovely-looking place, and is good for interesting little cafes, bars and pubs (as I've possibly said before), but going out on a Saturday night is a bit of a nightmare. There are queues outside - or at least at the bar - everywhere, and if the bouncers don't like your shoes/sex ratio/face, you're not getting in. Maybe you get the same problems in Southampton and I just don't notice because I rarely go out into town, but even in 'posher' areas like Bedford Place I've rarely had a problem. Ah well. We eventually ended up in our fall-back, a sticky-floored studenty place similar to the Academy. 'Twas a fun night, but nothing special.

The First Song I've Heard On The Radio In A While That I'm Looking Forward To Hearing In An Indie Club Award goes to: Honest Mistake by The Bravery. If you haven't heard it, it sounds like a cross between The Killers and Franz Ferdinand, though God knows I'm hopeless at describing what bands sound like...

Edit: Arse. That drive's back online now. Better do some work, I guess...
Comments:
Gah! Damn you and your face! I never did find out what that Coldplay tune was. I guess I'll have to put it down to a glitch in the Matrix, like when you say to someone "you remember, when [this happened/you said this]" and they don't know what you're on about and you realise you probably dreamt it...
 
Played Honest Mistake on Monday. Damn, AIM are cool.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?