Friday, March 11, 2005

 

Poker and Karaoke

Not together, obviously. Although, having said that...
You'd have to sing "Ace Of Spades", I guess.

Anyway. Last night I went to the Union's fortnightly Poker Night. You pay £5 on the door, and sit down at one of 8 or so tables of 5 or 6 people, wherever you want (so you can start off with people you know). Then off you go (at Texas Hold'em). The organisers shouted for the blinds to be raised every 30mins or so, and as people started to drop out the organisers moved people around so that the number of people on each table remained respectable. Then when there are 10 or so left, they bring out the fancy cards and baize table for the Grand Finale :)
I got nowhere near that, of course, but I didn't do too badly. Once you're out you're free to wander around and see how your mates are doing. Al got the furthest, I think. On one of my hands I had next to no chips left so I went all in... luckily for me I had a pair of pocket aces so I survived a bit longer :)

After that, we wandered over to the main bar where a Karaoke Night was beginning to wind down. Two events on the same evening, one of which goes on until 1am. The state of the Union is definitely looking up this year. For number and variety of events, it's probably as good as it's been since my first year here (although obviously I don't go up there nearly as much these days!).

Al's Birthday Weekend of Fun will commence in approximately 4 hours' time. Hurrah!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?