Friday, April 15, 2005

 

Ponderings

[NB This was written Thursday night]

Just got off the 'phone to my parents. I always end up feeling a bit down and frustrated after speaking to them, not because of any tension between us or anything, but because unsurprisingly they ask what I’ve been up to and what I’ve got planned, and the answer is always... well, not a lot really. Been to the pub, seen some bands, watched some films... going to Glastonbury... erm, anything I’ve missed? Thing is, day to day I don’t think of myself as having a particularly dull existence, but times like this do make me think. I know I’ve got to sort out my career – my current job just isn’t stimulating enough, India or no India – but what to do and where to go? Also, a proper summer holiday with friends wouldn’t go amiss.

Also, if my life were a bit more interesting it might make for more interesting blog entries. At the moment I’m quite content to let my friends be interesting for me: see Liam’s excellent Papal post, Bob’s thoughts on the General Election and Elly’s views on faith schools.

Ah well. Shouldn’t complain really. It’s Friday tomorrow, it’s been a fantastic week for English football clubs in Europe* (and while I’m on the subject, congratulations to Norwich on their thrashing of Man Utd last weekend – let’s be havin’ you indeed!), and the sun’s started coming out. It’s my friend Vicky’s birthday tomorrow, so I’m sure it’ll be a fun evening, and Sunday I’m off to London Zoo for the day with my brother, our cousin and her fiancé, so I’ll try to get loads of pics of the naminals!

* Friday morning edit: but not Newcastle, apparently, who despite being 2-0 up at one point, including one away goal, still contrived to lose 4-2. The fools.
Comments:
I know how that feels, Mr Pug. I get really quite down when I'm back here in Swindon, there's really not much to do :(

I have done nothing except work and sleep since I got back from Stratford.

Back in Southampton on Saturday though... :D Let the good times roll. Hoping to stay in Soton this summer, too. Whoop!
 
Don't worry Dave, these kind of feelings get to us all. That's why I haven't called home in weeks! I find it helps to remind yourself that it could all be worse. BTW Is this your really attractive cousin who Liam and I fancied? James.
 
It is indeed, J. Sorry, she's taken... ;)

Good to hear from you by the way. I really ought to keep in touch better. In fact, I shall write you an email this very day :)
 
Couldn't agree more guys! I'm such a boring old fart to put it bluntly... Seems like it's all work and no play, but now I forgotten how to play.
Was thinking yesterday it would be nice to go to the all day glen event! any thoughts...
 
Plus I reckon I'm going to have an uneventful summer :(
 
Doubt I'll be going to Shade, but Rhinos Wednesday is looking very on. Anybody want to come?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?