Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 

Ramblin' Man

On Sunday, as it was a nice day, I went for a walk in the New Forest. And very nice it was too, as ever. However, doing this particular walk (4½ miles through woods and somewhat muddy fields following the Lymington River from Brockenhurst down to, er, Lymington) meant that I have now walked a connected path all the way from Bournemouth to the other side of Winchester - over 50 miles in total. Over two or three years, I mean, and not always in the same direction; but still.

I've been going for walks around the area ever since I moved down here, but was only last year that it occurred to me to try to link them up. When I thought about it, I'd done most of it already without even trying, primarily because I have to get the train and walk between stations. The most obvious gap was between Ashurst and my house, which would mean walking along busy roads through Totton and Millbrook (lovely! not) ... or getting the ferry across from Hythe. Much nicer. The walk I did on Sunday I left til last as it looked to have a few too many roads and not enough forest for my liking; but it, too, turned out to be very pleasant. Click the map for Flickr pics :)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?